Författare Ämne: New here.  (läst 19294 gånger)

Bart Manders

• JuniorMedlem
  • Antal inlägg: 50
  • Think in sollutions....not in problems!
    • Visa profil
    • Volvo 360 Turbo
New here.
« skrivet: september 02, 2012, 14:55:59 »
Hello to you all.

At first let me excuse myself for not speaking,writing or understanding your beautifull language.
My name is Bart Manders.living about 10 km from the former VOLVO factory where the 300 series where build,45 years young and proud owner of a DAF 55 in racetrim and a VOLVO360........BMR 2,1TIC!

I've been buildining the turbo conversion since the beginning of this year and its great fun to drive!
http://forum.volvo300club.nl/showthread.php?t=6707

FREJ

• Betalande Medlem
  • Administrator
  • 300power orakel
  • Antal inlägg: 17012
  • Håll mus över länk nedan ;)
    • Visa profil
    • "Ny" bil :)
SV: New here.
« Svar #1 skrivet: september 07, 2012, 16:35:20 »
Welcome Bart to the "300-family of Sweden" here att 300power.com  :D

Nice to here that you live so nere the Volvo 300 roots  :D

Now to the questions:

1. What is BMR?

2. Is your car mainly rebuild for street, racetrack or both?  :)

Regards
FREJ
"Det är viktfördelningen på volvo 3-serien som är hemligheten bakom dess fina vägegenskaper"  8)
Christer Glenning i Trafikmagasinet 7/1 1983.

Bart Manders

• JuniorMedlem
    • Visa profil
    • Volvo 360 Turbo
« Svar #2 skrivet: september 08, 2012, 12:55:09 »
BMR stands for Bart Manders Racing! ;D

The car is mainly build for streetuse with track use in mind.Tommorow i am going to the Nürburgring.Do some testing and just enjoy myself.I am realy excited to go back there.I've been there a lot in the past to work and serve classic racing cars that compete in long distance races.I've done about 800 km's with my DAF55 Racer on the circuit.The 360 will be there for the first time.
I've got the 360 running on the original management with the orange injectors(850T5).We adjusted the airflowmeter which works realy good.The one from bmw is for motronic systems.I don't know if it is possible to make that fit but for now this wil do.

FREJ

• Betalande Medlem
  • Administrator
  • 300power orakel
    • Visa profil
« Svar #3 skrivet: september 08, 2012, 16:41:05 »
Ah nice (BMR)  8)

Good to here about a 360 on "The Ring"! If you get photos from there, please post them here  :P

And good luck!
"Det är viktfördelningen på volvo 3-serien som är hemligheten bakom dess fina vägegenskaper"  8)

Bart Manders

• JuniorMedlem
    • Visa profil
    • Volvo 360 Turbo
« Svar #4 skrivet: september 08, 2012, 18:00:51 »
I will do that!

Bart Manders

• JuniorMedlem
    • Visa profil
    • Volvo 360 Turbo
« Svar #5 skrivet: september 29, 2012, 01:18:30 »
As promissed...pictures from the test drive on the Nürburgring.

Hope you like them!

FREJ

• Betalande Medlem
  • Administrator
  • 300power orakel
    • Visa profil
« Svar #6 skrivet: september 29, 2012, 17:55:31 »
As promissed...pictures from the test drive on the Nürburgring.

Hope you like them!

Woho! How not to like that!  :o  :P

Thank you very much for showing us!

How did the actual racing go? Are you comfortable with the speed at the ring and those cool corners in your 360?

And what about laptimes?  :D

Bart Manders

• JuniorMedlem
    • Visa profil
    • Volvo 360 Turbo
« Svar #7 skrivet: september 29, 2012, 20:00:22 »
To be honest.....I didnt feel comfortable at all the first time out.This was because of the fact that I had never driven this car on a circuit and,more important,I am used to drive my my fullrace DAF55marathonR on this track and those are 2 complete different cars!

I had some advice from a friend of mine who was also at the ring that day.He races his 360 in the cup in holland.With that in mind I went back on the track and it felt better but still far from good!
I didn't do any laptiming which would have been useless because of all the idiots flying of and back on the track.I just didn't feel right to go on.But at least now I know what I would have to do to make the handling and performance feel better.

Since than I changed the shocks on the front,now red Koni's.I found that the diff I have(from a GLE version) is too long for track use although  it works fine on the highway.If I go back with the 360 this will be changed.I still have the shorter dif and tranny so that shouldn't be a problem.
The connection of the anti swaybar on the rear axel(self made) works fine on streets and highways but isn't track proof.I will have to make som new ones...no problem!

FREJ

• Betalande Medlem
  • Administrator
  • 300power orakel
    • Visa profil
« Svar #8 skrivet: september 30, 2012, 23:21:49 »
To be honest.....I didnt feel comfortable at all the first time out.This was because of the fact that I had never driven this car on a circuit and,more important,I am used to drive my my fullrace DAF55marathonR on this track and those are 2 complete different cars!
Understandable.

Citera
I had some advice from a friend of mine who was also at the ring that day.He races his 360 in the cup in holland.With that in mind I went back on the track and it felt better but still far from good!
I didn't do any laptiming which would have been useless because of all the idiots flying of and back on the track.I just didn't feel right to go on.But at least now I know what I would have to do to make the handling and performance feel better.
Good to not push when you feel bad about it! Did you go "open track" or what its called when anybody can go for a lap?
Saw in your build-thread that you where chased by a Ferrari  8)

Citera
Since than I changed the shocks on the front,now red Koni's.I found that the diff I have(from a GLE version) is too long for track use although  it works fine on the highway.If I go back with the 360 this will be changed.I still have the shorter dif and tranny so that shouldn't be a problem.
The connection of the anti swaybar on the rear axel(self made) works fine on streets and highways but isn't track proof.I will have to make som new ones...no problem!
Seems like Koni´s are a easy catch for you guys in The Netherlands!
Is there pictures of your rear swaybar solution in your thread? Interesting. Is it making good difference on cornering?

Thanks for writing here! Good fun to read and watch, and to "speak" other than Swedish.
By the way, do you know any Swedish word(s)?

For me, that has learned a little bit of the German language, it is possible to understand a bit of the text in your thread.

Regards
Frej

Bart Manders

• JuniorMedlem
    • Visa profil
    • Volvo 360 Turbo
« Svar #9 skrivet: oktober 02, 2012, 20:01:49 »
The antiswaybar is baseb on how it was done on the experimental 363 CS
I will tell you more in the weekend. Iam on my weekly route to switzerland,so internet is a bit diificult.

Bergvik

• Global Moderator
  • 300power orakel
  • Antal inlägg: 2599
    • Visa profil
« Svar #10 skrivet: oktober 02, 2012, 20:28:50 »
Nice cars you got there! I like picture number 3!  :)

Bart Manders

• JuniorMedlem
    • Visa profil
    • Volvo 360 Turbo
« Svar #11 skrivet: oktober 02, 2012, 21:03:19 »
thank you!

Bart Manders

• JuniorMedlem
    • Visa profil
    • Volvo 360 Turbo
« Svar #12 skrivet: oktober 20, 2012, 23:18:48 »
Sorry,been busy.
I was going to answer about the antisway bar on the rear axle.

I wil make a topic about the on this site so everything that has been done so far will be in it!